Thursday, October 9, 2014

An Old Joke

The Siege of Paris by Jean-Louis-Ernest Meissonier

A big thank you to a Good Samaritan who drove me to the facility yesterday to visit with my sister. Thank you – a very good deed.

Antoinette looked me in the eye and said, "I'm going to tell you a joke that you told me forty years ago."

I was like, okay, what is she going to say now?

And damned if she did not tell me a joke that I told her forty years ago. One time, and never after that. How in God's name did she remember it, when she often forgets my name now?

The joke is below. It is a sick joke. If you don't want to read a sick joke, stop reading now.

It was during the Siege of Paris. The Parisians were very hard up and had to resort to eating their own pets. A good Parisian aristocratic woman held out and held out and finally succumbed and ate her beloved poodle.

While finishing up, she sighed. "If only little Chouchou were here. He would have loved these bones."

It boggles my mind that my sister remembered that joke from so many years ago ...

No comments:

Post a Comment