Thursday, May 30, 2013

"How Are You?" Do You Really Want to Know?

Dark Sky White Sands Ernst Haas source
Roads to Nowhere Lucy and Simon
I've lived a challenging life. I talk about that in "Save Send Delete," so there's no need to go into detail here. Part of the message of that book is that God is present during the worst times.

The past year and a half disaster has been on overdrive.

I toy with the idea of a blog post that outlines the particular hell I've been marching through.

Usually writing is very easy for me. It is genuinely harder for me not to write than to write.

This time, though, there is much more hesitation than there is writing. I fear I'd poison the world if I let all the pain out in words. If someone asks you how you are, and your real answer offers a foretaste of hell, should you speak? Nah.

The other day I was close to typing it all up. As I usually do, I first did a Google image search to find photos that would best express what I'd be trying to say. I found the two photos, above.

So, even though I don't have it in me honestly to answer the question, "How are you?" I don't want to waste these two fabulous photos.

6 comments:

  1. I thought about you earlier in the day as I recovered from a grueling week and refreshed myself by reading your posts.
    Please know that you are always in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gordon, I'm sorry you had a grueling week! I hope next week is better!

      Delete
  2. Dear Danusha, Those pictures are worth a thousand words. I am sorry you are going through such pain and feeling alone. Your book "Save Send Delete" made a lasting impression on me and I will be re-reading it, that I know. Thank you for sharing your faith and wisdom, and now I wish you some special and lovely synchronicity as a reminder that God is present and you are loved. Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, what a beautiful note. Thank you so much! I hope someone uplifts you today as you have uplifted me.

      Delete
  3. Hi Danusha,

    This post says how lonely you are. I wish all your pain vanish away soon. Have a lovely day ahead!

    ReplyDelete