Friday, August 16, 2013

Praying for Christians in Egypt; Enraged at Leaders Who Don't Help Them

Salvador Dali Crucifixion of St John of the Cross 
I am praying for Christians in Egypt, under attack by Islamists. It sounds like Kristallnacht for Christians in Egypt. I am deeply troubled that I know of no American or Western Christian leader who is making headlines in efforts to help them. This is not a "behind the scenes" time. We need large, prominent action, now. 

Dear God, I am praying for the Christians in Egypt, under attack by Islamists. I feel ashamed to pray to you God, because I have done nothing. I am overwhelmed by my own real challenges and I have no brain cells or energy left to discover what more I can do. Please give me the energy to help my Christian brothers and sisters in Egypt. Please, God, bring forth a leader who will make this the front-page, headline news it ought to be. 

Please inspire President Obama to treat this with the seriousness it deserves. He spoke about it rapidly, casually, not specifically, while not even wearing a necktie. Wrong message. God, let Obama know that this is necktie-worthy. 

Dear God, I pray that light may enter the hearts of my Muslim brothers and sisters in Egypt. Let them know that they shame their cause around the world, the name of their profit, their faith, and their god they shame; they arouse fear, hatred, and disgust. 

Safety, peace, and tomorrow for the Christians of Egypt. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment